Sunday, October 11, 2009

Document Submission

Well, I did it. I sent my lessons with and without technology and my KeyNote presentation to Mr. Umpstead via the BlackBoard. I also sent my rubric when I sent my lesson with technology. I hope my KeyNote can be opened! If not, I can try to resend it in QuickTime or something. I am now in a state of wondering if everything went through okay. This is a whole new experience to me.

I am still working on the paper. I checked everyone's blog a few minutes ago for inspiration, but I had already read the entries. My mind is swimming with so much information. I don't know in which direction to go. Where is that muse when I need her! She saw a clip on TV about Bora Bora; maybe that is where she is!

I just know that education has come a long way since I was in high school. I am glad we know longer use manual typewriters! My fingers would get sore from hitting the keys so hard! I also wonder what the next advances will be that will make what we are doing now obsolete. I am glad that I have lived in both the non-digital age and the digital age.

I still haven't graded the essays. Today I worked on the paper. I also took some time to almost finish a knitted blanket for my soon-to-arrive granddaughter. I find that knitting helps me to relax. Now I think I will put the dog out for a little run, let her in, and then go to bed. I will work some more on the paper tomorrow when my head is clearer! I advise my students that once they have written something, they should put it away and go back to it later. We can usually make better evaluations of our writing when we are fresh!

3 comments:

  1. I am with you on the paper. I have a lot of thoughts just can not figure out how to put it all together. I hope to have it finished by Thursday so I can have one of the English teachers look it over. I usually write for a little bit then walk away for a few and when I come back to it it seems to flow very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good technique to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hear you on the paper. I am having a difficult time tying it all together. There are so many things to discuss! Oh, a way you could've checked to make sure your presentation and lessons were submitted was on blackboard in the "Report Card" section and click on the link under Grades. This will show you what assignments have been posted or still needs to be graded. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete