Saturday, October 10, 2009

Presentations

Thank you, fellow classmates and Mr. Umpstead, for last night's class. I really enjoyed the presentations, and I have written down so many websites that I want to explore. Even though we all teach in different areas, I was able to take something away from each of the presentations.

I was exhausted when I arrived home, though (between 11:15 and 11:30)! I didn't even look at a computer until this evening! I took some time for me and was able to see all four grandkids today. One lives near me so I dropped in to see her, and then I took a trip to K-zoo. I took my older daughter and her family out to lunch. Grandbaby #5 is due to arrive towards the end of the month, but she could arrive at any time. Family is very important to me.

Now I have to finish my paper, which is on Sunday's agenda. I also have to begin correcting all of those essays! That is on the agenda after I get my paper done!

I have been thinking about the survey that I gave my students about the project. I should have added something so they could explain their answers. For instance, what could I have done to make the KeyNote presentations more helpful, or why the student didn't believe they were helpful. I know that feedback for the students' work is important, but I don't think they realize that their feedback to the teacher can be important, too. I am curious to ask the two students who thought the non-technology writing was easier what made it easier.

The main message of this blog, though, is that I thought everyone did well last night, and I learned a lot (and have been learning a lot through the blogs) from all of you. I am looking forward to "seeing" everyone Tuesday night in the virtual classroom and again later in October in the second class!

2 comments:

  1. I also took a great deal away from last Friday's presentations. It is always awesome to see how creative teachers are and to get a snapshot of what goes on in other classrooms. I often feel like we get stuck in our own little bubble that is our classrooms and don't see all of the amazing things that our colleagues are doing. It is unfortunate too because I think that collaboration and learning from eachother is one of the most cricial pieces to quality instruction and education. I learned a lot from everyone last night as well and I am excited to try out some of the ideas. Great job everyone and thank you for your thoughts and reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The presentations were inspiring, I love to get ideas from other teachers. For the most part a very creative bunch! The variety of lesson plans, topics and mode of delivering the message is supportive that we all have different learning styles and obviously we all have very different teaching styles. I appreciate the assistance.

    ReplyDelete