Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Conference Class

I really enjoyed the conference class tonight. It was good to speak to others about the class.

I had just come from a presentation at our school by a group of students who had gone through the Natural Helpers training for the past three days. One of the topics that was addressed was cyberbullying. I picked up a copy of the material about the Natural Helpers program that was given to the audience. I am anxious to read what it says about that topic.

I also found my neatoday that was mentioned in someone's blog. I haven't read it yet, but the comments on the blog intrigued me to find the magazine so that I could read the article: "What is Literacy in the Digital Age?"

If anyone wants to exchange papers with me, I am more than willing. However, I don't think mine will be completed until at least Sunday night. Thank you, Mr. Umpstead, for giving us an extension. I have tried to lighten my evening load for schoolwork, but it is happening as much as I wish it would. I am always under a little pressure with the yearbook. I love doing it, but we are completely financially responsible for its publication and any equipment that we have (cameras, computers, programs, etc.). That means earning around $16,000 this year through ads, sales, and a fundraiser. We have to raise the money at the beginning of the year so that we know how much we have to work with. That is all happening now! When we get to the actual production of the book on the computers, I get quite excited with the students' creativity and their excitement when they see their final pages. This will be my 30th book. I have come a long way from 3-R and 3-C forms and a typewriter! Through this class and two PhotoShop morning classes that I recently took, I think I can expose the students to even more things that they can do with the computers.

I think I will go read that article after I watch the YouTube link that Brian (I think it was Brian) put on the conference class notes about Google Docs. I was shown them a while ago, but I haven't used them myself. I need some practice with those. I also need to look at the survey results. Hopefully, I will be able to figure out how to make a graphic of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment