Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Night

I am still working on my paper. It is almost done, but I still have to add a couple of things and put on the finishing touches. I still have sites that I would like to check out. However, I have a bag full of papers that need to be corrected as well. Oh, the life of an English teacher! Essays are fun to read, but they are very time consuming, too.

I wish that Michigan were not in such dire states financially. It would be so good for education for students to have laptops. However, I know that students should also learn to do things without technology. I think there must be a happy medium for this. I don't think that technology will replace the face-to-face relationship with teachers. I think that is important to0. I wish I had a crystal ball to see what the future has in store for education.

As you can tell, I am just having random thoughts tonight. I think the cold has frozen my brain or something. Where did autumn go? She is supposed to be with us a while longer!

Our student computers at school have been really slow, but I can't understand why those are slower than others. One student was trying to log in, and it took five or ten minutes to get to his window. He also had trouble e-mailing from the school's computer. I have one computer in my room that the students can use to get their material from the server. The other computers (the e-Macs) in my room are free-standing and not on the server. Those are a little faster, but the students can't retrieve their work on those. I don't want them on the server because I want to always be able to access the yearbook material. I don't need the Internet for that. Besides, we can't just put things on the server; the tech person has to. I like to be able to do my own because my needs are different from everyone else's because of the publications class.

My wireless mouse is working very well for my presentations in my classroom. Now I think I would like to have a remote with an infrared pointer. I will have to look into that.

No comments:

Post a Comment