Sunday, September 27, 2009

Week Two

I am not progressing as quickly as I would like to be! I decided that I wanted to read the book before I did too much with the two projects. However, my first obligation is correcting my students' papers. Because we are getting ready to be part of a pilot test, my students have been doing more writing than usual. The project will be concluded next Thursday (October 1). As a result, I have only been able to read between correcting assignments!
I do like the book. I have so many ideas. I need a semester for this class so that I can try several of these and tweak them. I think I know what I want to do for my technology in-class assignment, but I won't be able to do it until the first full week in October because of the writing project. That won't leave me much time to get the assignments done, but I think I can handle it.
On top of that, I signed up for two PhotoShop classes (one on the 19th and one on the 26th of September) and a Canon camera class (September 25). My head is overwhelmed with technology and its possible uses in my classroom. Actually, I think my brain is on complete overload. I hope it does not explode!
Did I also mention that I am the person responsible for the yearbook and this is both Homecoming week and fair week at our school? She said with her tongue-in-her-cheek, "It just can't get any better than this!"
The good news is that I do love to learn and that I like a challenge. We shall see how much multi-tasking I can get done in the next two weeks. We have a county-wide teachers' in-service tomorrow. I am hoping that I can gain something from that that I can incorporate into my projects.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing to me how much different teaching AND taking a class is compared to the taking of multiple classes and working full time during undergrad was. There is something about the teaching profession that entails never really getting off work. Whether it is extra curricular activities (like you I help out with/run some), grading papers, designing new projects etc. The teaching day never ends! I think that when you really put your heart into something its hard to not devote so much time to it and I am struggling with having something "extra" to do like class work even though I know that it is ultimately benefiting my students. Like you I am up for a challenge though. So I say best of luck to you and I know (because we're teachers) that everything will get done! It always does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly hope your are right!

    ReplyDelete